Teachin’ Fishin’ presents:
The Original Fishing Education Weekend
hosted by: Lance Valentine
We’re heading back to Houghton Lake for another great Fishing Education Weekend trip. This event will focus on teaching anglers the tricks, tips and presentations needed to catch walleye in the weeds anywhere they swim. Houghton Lake is Michigan’s largest in land lake, and is loaded with game fish of many species, but in annually listed as one of the best inland walleye fisheries. Anglers will learn many different methods depending on the conditions while we are there, casting crankbaits, trolling crankbaits, slip bobber/livebait, casting jigs and more. Here are some of the highlights of the Houghton Lake Fishing Education Weekend:
- Dates – Thursday June 6 – Sunday June 9, 2019
- Three Nights Lodging and Continental Breakfast
- Four Days of Classroom Education, On the water instruction & Sharing Information on the Water
- Boat Launch and Fish Cleaning
- Catered Breakfast & Dinners daily
- Cost $425 per person
- No lodging option is available for $275.00. Remember, this means that you will have to take care of your own lodging.
- Fishing Education Weekends take place in a family friendly environment – you are welcome to bring your wife, kids, relatives, fishing buddies, and co-workers.
Do I need a boat to attend?
There are a limited number of “non-boater” seats. Register early. You are expected to pay your fair share of all boating expenses.
Houghton Lake is a great walleye fishery but also is packed with multiple species. You will learn how to target walleye.
Have more questions?